Thursday, February 3, 2011

Over and Done

The morning after
World War III
Fallout has settled again on you and me
Stone cold silence
Comes creeping in
When you slip out, you leave me sleeping in

(CHORUS)
Over and over and over again
I try to reach you but you just won’t let me in
You turn your back and you walk away
It’s just a foolish game, no way to win
I guess it’s over and over and done

Another morning
And it’s still cold
Buried in your paper with your cup of cappuccino
What has happened
To you and me?
We promised better or worse for all eternity, but

(REPEAT CHORUS)
Over and over…

(BRIDGE)
If reality
Matched our fantasies
Then all the dreams that we once shared
Would still be coming true

(REPEAT CHORUS AND FADE)

Copyright 1994 by C. Randall Hartley and Turley Richards.

No comments:

Post a Comment