Thursday, December 1, 2016

Bunny Rabbit in Parking Lot Peril

Alice and I went to Planet Fitness to work out tonight and as we got into the parking lot I saw a cocoa brown bunny rabbit hiding under a car. I got out to make sure it was okay and it ran up to me, and when I tried to pick it up it ran under my car, which was still running. I went in to see if anyone had lost a pet rabbit, because obviously it was somebody's pet. I just got strange looks. I tried to call a friend who works with animals and might know what to do, but he gave me a bunch of numbers I couldn't remember. One was the Humane Society. I decided I'd call them when I got home...
After we worked out we drove back to where I saw the rabbit before. He was hiding under a car. The car was leaving. He crouched and didn't move, and narrowly missed getting run over when the driver turned his wheel.
I wanted to do something but didn't know what to do. We began to leave for home, then I saw a Clarksville Police car behind me. He pulled into a parking space, I drove over to him and said, "This is going to sound crazy but there's a bunny rabbit running around that dumpster over there, and he's obviously somebody's pet. I didn't know what to do about it."
He said he'd go over and have a look. I led him over that way in my car and he found the rabbit hiding under a car. He was very polite and acted concerned about the rabbit, but said it'd be hard to catch. I told him it's obviously a pet because it comes right up to you then hides under the car, but it wasn't really running away. He radioed for help and we left. Hopefully the bunny was caught and taken somewhere not near as dangerous as a parking lot with a bunch of moving cars...

No comments:

Post a Comment