Friday, March 10, 2017

Who Tips on a Take-out Order?

This happened last night:
Alice and Kelly went out to eat. I had them pick me up a pizza on the way home, from Domino's on Eastern Blvd. in Clarksville. They brought it home, everything was fine, and then the phone rang.
It was a Wisconsin area code (I looked it up later), but they started cursing at me and wanted to know why I didn't leave a tip. Was the service not good enough? Remember, this was take-out. Who leaves a tip for take-out?
I kinda lost it on them. But when I hung up they kept calling back. If I didn't answer they would keep calling. I had asked for a manager. She too cussed me out for being rude and not leaving a tip. They said the people who picked up the pizza had displayed an attitude. Alice doesn't generally have an attitude.
After the fourth call from them, I put the phone down (I had already threatened to call the police), went to check what the number for Domino's is, talked with Alice a minute, then hung up and called the Domino's store before they had a chance to call me back.
Domino's assured me they didn't know who the people were (I had gotten their names, Tiffany and Allen). They apologized, call their district management to try and figure out how these people could have gotten my name, phone number and the location of their store. They thought their order system had somehow been hacked.
The number was 608-501-3377. On the Internet it says that number has also been used to harass Sprint customers and American Airlines customers.
The most unnerving part of this to me is how much personal info they were able to obtain from a pizza order placed over the phone, whether they're in Wisconsin or the Louisville area. Had I not been a loyal longtime Domino's customer, I wouldn't be one today. Domino's convinced me they had nothing to do with it and gave me 30 percent off on my next order. But other folks may have just believed it and been lost as a customer.
Also, if I could get my hands on the callers, I'd probably be doing time. And be happy to do it...
What I'd really like to do is find some way to turn this around on people who make prank calls like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment